Thursday, February 25, 2016

sketching intentions for the year

Awhile back, I had the incredible honor of guest posting over on Alisa Burke's blog about sketching intentions for the year - I wanted to share with you here in case you missed it! A new year is so exciting to me. A clean slate. A fresh start. Endless possibilities! It is my absolute favorite time to dream + plan – and I do this by setting intentions. Setting intentions is a wonderful way to hold yourself accountable and declare your dreams to the universe! Here are my best tips for creating your own intentions: 1. Spend a few days really digging deep into your heart + soul. Think about what you’d love to do over the course of this coming year. Make a list! 2. Find a special place to record + document your intentions. For me, I used the first page in a brand new journal. But you might like to display yours on your bathroom mirror or even frame it on your nightstand! Think about a place where you will see it daily and stay inspired to work towards those dreams. 3. The sky is the limit! Here’s your chance to get expressive and doodle your heart out! Your doodles can be as simple or intricate as you want them to be – let loose and have fun with it! Choose materials and colors that feel good to you. Do you have a favorite pen or pencil? Use it! Do you want to incorporate your favorite colors? Go for it! Maybe you’d rather create a collage from magazine clippings to depict your intentions. Really let your creative soul have fun with this. There are no rules!

I've been doing these for the past few years and is so much fun to look back and see how much you've grown!
Have you already set intentions for 2016? I would love to know! xo

1 comment: