Tuesday, May 6, 2014

be true (to you)

The amazingly talented + adorable Jenipher Lyn of Nightly Doodles wrote and illustrated an encouraging book for teen girls - and today, I'm celebrating with her!



I'm thrilled to be a part of this celebration (thanks, Jen!) and to share with you the most recent page from my art journal. Inspired by the words I would tell my younger self, if given the chance:

Be true to you.
(Look within).

Whatever it is that holds you back from really, truly, being yourself- let it go.
(There is freedom there).

 
Learn more about Jenipher's book, How Being Stubborn, Depressed and Unpopular Saved My Life and pick up a copy HERE!

xo



3 comments:

  1. Heya. I've been meaning to drop by and say hi. A few weeks ago I had this terrible back injury, and I was stuck in bed unable to move. I was very sad because I couldn't make art or do anything *productive*. So I did the only thing I could do... aimlessly click through the internet. I somehow stumbled upon your blog and read the whole thing in one sitting. It was a real pleasure, and afterward I got up to paint with the little energy I had. Something clicked and I painted something I'd been wanting to but couldn't for some reason. It was a style that I knew was inside me but I hadn't yet reached. I'm not sure how, but it was somehow inspired by you & your blog! So I guess it was fate that I hurt my back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Stephanie,
      This message makes me so happy! Thank you so much for stopping by and staying awhile. I'm thrilled to have helped inspire some new (and no doubt amazing work!). I'd love to see!
      Hope you're back injury is healing nicely!
      xo

      Delete