Friday, September 16, 2011

...learn how to fly

i wanted to share with you the story behind my most recent custom piece...

almost a month ago, i was approached by a sweet girl (who also graduated from alsea just a few years behind me) about creating a custom piece as a birthday gift for a girlfriend.

little did she know, i had been toying with the idea of no longer offering custom pieces. now, dont get me wrong. i absolutely LOVE creating custom pieces. it is beyond incredible to collaborate on a project, and so thrilling to arrive at the finished product - it is one of the best feelings. however, i've been doing so many customs lately, there has been little time for everything else. hence my hesitation in agreeing to do another one.

but then she told me the story behind it, and it really tugged on my heartstrings.

one of her best girlfriends was recently in a car accident, and broke her neck. on the road to recovery, she discovered a quote, that soon became a sort of mantra for her: "walking gets too boring when you learn how to fly"...so fitting, right?





i feel so fortunate to have had this opportunity <3

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece! So beautiful! You are very talented my friend!

    ReplyDelete