Monday, February 14, 2011

free spirit

I once saw a woman in Winco who had a tattoo all across her chest - flowery/viney/leafy - the most incredible and gorgeous (and VISIBLE) tattoo I have ever seen. 

My conservative and cautious mind warns against getting a visible tattoo, and always trumps my free-spirit, creative heart. Lately, my heart is dreaming of getting this tattooed in gorgeous scrip, right on the inside of my forearm: "imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" --marilyn monroe
(speaking of gorgeous script, my girlfriend Tonja just got a tattoo on her ankle that is simply beautiful and very much an inspiration to me!)

 This is my lovely friend Alice. If you look really closely, you can see that she has the exact tattoo location I am talking about. Isn't that amazing?


 I am thinking tomorrow is going to be a Starbucks kind of day. What kind of day will you have?

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote. Beautiful. I understand the dilemma with the location of the tattoo. I like it on the forearm though.

    ReplyDelete